I didn’t set resolutions for this year, more than keep the big ones I had last year of being more spontaneous and more giving, but those seem to be ongoing in life anyway. I set a list of things I want to accomplish this year, they’ve been roaming around in my head like a to-do list and I figured if I write them down they’ll let me be, so here goes:
1. Lose 11.5 lbs by the end of March. I weighed 131.5lbs when I started my regime plan last week, so that means the goal is 120 lbs.
2. Exercise more weekly, that includes gym and yoga.
3. Finish my dissertation, defend it and graduate in the May commencement ceremony.
4. Get a full-time professional job starting August.
5. Change my citizenship (this one will be bitter sweet).
6. Be happy. No matter what I’m doing, enjoy it.
7. Do more contemplative, spiritual activities, like learn and practice meditation.
8. Call my friends more frequently, at least one friend a week
I have a ton of other things I know I need to do in 2010, like get my eyesight checked and probably buy contact lenses, visit the dentist again, pickup my guitar lessons, get myself organized with house work and cleaning and the sort, but I will get those done regardless, so they didn’t make the priority list. Do you have a list of your own?