When I started to do the Grace in Small Things I was energized, hopeful and very optimistic. It came easy, natural to write about good things, as little as they might have been. Now a days? Not so much. I think the whole financial debacle, the harder it is to find a good job, the uncertainty of it all has taken a toll on my optimism and thus makes it harder to focus on the good things. But I will keep trying. Fake it ’till you make it, as they say, right?
1. Rainy nights in which you don’t have to go out and can stay in warm and dry.
2. Naps in the middle of the afternoon.
3. Watching your favorite TV shows any time you want thanks to abc.com.
4. Sweets. Lots and lots of sweets.
5. Finally getting motivated again to tackle dissertation data.