Have you ever noticed how the crowds on the NYC buses are different from the people who usually use the subway? For one, they are chattier. On my way to work this morning, I was on the bus, reading a book, plugged into my ipod, and minding my own business as usual. When a man sitting behind me calls my attention and starts talking to me. He says something along the lines of, you’re so beautiful, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when I noticed you, blah, blah, blah, and then “It’s my 60th birthday tomorrow, and would like to invite you to my party. Do you have a paper and pencil to write down the address?”
I paused for a minute to think and decided to be polite. So I took out a pencil and paper and wrote it down, while I listened to his story about his father dying on his 40th birthday, and how life goes by so quickly, and him getting tearing on his birthday because of this, and so on. He turned out to be an artist and he will be displaying his art at his party, which sounded quite interesting actually. But if you’re wondering if I will be attending, the answer would have to be no. I’ve done my share of NYC craziness in my time, but this one seems like a little too much, don’t you think?
- Date night! (at @TheSecondCity in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/c/iR6ozQwIC7w https://t.co/5LoOZ7xU9A 7 hours ago
- I'm at Old Town in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/c/egpgzXeBw0Z 8 hours ago
- Date night!!! (@ Topo Gigio Ristorante in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/c/0L3Jzrcr3Jr https://t.co/PNBaZI3sUd 8 hours ago
- Home! (@ Je-Ji's Casa in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/c/dBGTwXEVgca 13 hours ago
- I'm at N Sheridan Road in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/c/lNpLfJkqqFU 13 hours ago
- 22,337 hits